This role o versee the engineering efforts at multiple facilities ensuring that designs/ drawings are completed in a timely, efficient, and profitable manner. You will provide leadership and support for all engineers, designers, project managers and drafters. You will ensure all departmental goals and objectives are met and support Operational Excellence initiatives at all levels. This role requres the ability to travel.
: $110,000 - $140,000 per year
Responsibility for Work of Others:
- Continually review engineering schedule to ensure that the drawing packages will be completed on time.
- Work with Sales, Manufacturing Manager, Materials Manager, and President to ensure customer satisfaction/ production efficiency.
- Assign projects to Engineers, Project Managers, Designers and Drafters.
- Hire, manage work hours, vacation requests, review performance, discipline, terminate, make compensation changes, and ensure compliance of engineering personnel to corporate personnel policies.
- Work with Sales, Manufacturing Manager, Materials Manager, Administration, and President to improve operations for growth
- Perform sales and marketing of engineering services as required and requested. Delegate to others when needed.
- Participate and Drive the development and implementation of new products and services.
- Drives continuous improvements for lowest cost of manufacture
- Participates in Strategic planning meetings and programs as needed.
- Lead the development of in-house engineering and drafting standards and system improvements.
- Manage NCR's and implement lessons learned
- Supervise and participate in customer service (i.e. telephone calls, installations, start-ups, training, and troubleshooting) which may require travel.
- Owns Design Review Process - evaluates projects and manages design for manufacturability
- Responsible for estimating new projects and repeat projects
- Managing all aspects of routings & travelers.
- Shop floor support
- Fixture Design
- Training of all engineering personnel.
- Engineers, Designers, Drafters and Project Manager.
- Responsible for all design efforts and project timeliness.
- Responsible for when a design is released and it signifies:
Education and Experience:
- Design has been reviewed. Dimensions, specifications, and count have been verified.
- Workmanship of departmental personnel meets or exceeds company, customer and job classification expectations and is complete as defined by job paperwork and cut list.
- Drawings or related job paperwork are properly marked, packaged, and placed in queue for the next processing step.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BS in Engineering Field
- A minimum of 10+ years of engineering experience. Should include some supervisory and project management experience.
- Supervision of 10+ employees, but not limited.
- Knowledge and creativity across different engineering fields.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Personable & approachable
- Meet deadlines, as required.
- Knowledge of engineering principles.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient in CAD Software such as Master Cam & Solidworks
- Knowledge of flow chart programming
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient with ERP Systems
- Knowledge of Hydraulic Mechanical Assemblies
- Responsible for the expenditures of the department, including: compensation, expenses, maintenance and equipment/software upgrades.
- Responsible for the timely completion of engineering design projects. Projects are to be designed in the most cost effective manner to meet corporate profit objectives and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the overall quality of designs created by the department, including ease of manufacture, low cost, and customer requirements. Eliminate "over designs" and "bells & whistles" that customer is not asking for or paying for.