|Job type||Full Time|
Up to $70,804 annually
This vacancy posting will be used to fill Trainee, Engineer Graduate positions in MnDOT's Bridge - Final Design Office located in Oakdale, Minnesota. The selected Trainee(s) may begin employment any time between January 2021 and June 2021, once all educational requirements have been met. Upon successful completion of the two (2) year training program, the Trainee will be permanently assigned to a Final Design Unit with in the Bridge Office.
To successfully complete the program, a Trainee must: 1) Complete two (2) years of professional engineering experience; 2) Obtain Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) registration; 3) Demonstrate satisfactory performance in all rotations; 4) Complete all required rotations; and 5) Complete 20 hours of recruitment outreach and/or public engagement service. Once all criteria are met the Trainee will be non-competitively converted to a permanent, probationary Engineer 2 Graduate position in the trainee's homebase office.
All Trainees must become a registered, Professional Engineer within 6 years of being appointed as a Trainee, no exceptions. Failure to do so will result in termination.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
To qualify for the MnDOT Graduate Engineer Program, applicants must possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Construction Engineering from an ABET accredited university by the date of hire. If the selected candidate has not yet obtained their bachelor's degree, all offers of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of this educational requirement.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States. MnDOT does not sponsor work visas.
If you meet the degree requirement, applicants may be further evaluated for a potential interview based on the following:
· Applicant's GPA
· An advanced degree in civil or construction engineering.
· Possession of the Fundamentals of Engineering (EIT) registration or a Professional Engineer's license.
· Engineering related work experience
· Previous MnDOT experience
***In addition to electronically applying to this vacancy at https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/, all qualified applicants must complete the application requirements by emailing the following information to Erika Mejia at email@example.com -
1) Your transcripts (all transcripts related to your qualifying degree);
2) Proof of any identifying credentials (Proof of FE certification, Proof of PE licensure);
3) If you have a degree from a foreign university and have not passed the Fundamentals of Engineering in the state of Minnesota, you must also supply proof that you are eligible to become licensed in the state of Minnesota once you meet the professional engineering experience requirement and any paperwork you have submitted that proves your degree is equivalent to that of a Bachelor's of Science in Civil, Construction or GeoTechnical Engineering; and
4) In the subject line of the email include your first and last name and what is included in the email (Jane Doe - Transcripts and FE proof).
If you fail to submit your transcripts and all supporting documentation by the closing of this posting on October 13, 2020, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not be any given further consideration.
APPLY ONLINE BY 10/13/2020:
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers/ will be considered.
|Employer||Minnesota Department of Transportation|