A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
As a Principle Voice Architect, this role will be working on Ecolab's Voice & Network design, focusing on architecture and configuration with an emphasis on Voice solutions.
The Network Services team provides broad and diverse services to the global Ecolab enterprise. Services are generally categorized as LAN, WAN, Voice, Internet, Contact Center and Video. All applications, business functions and other IT services and systems rely upon Network Services to deliver for our external customers, internal customers, and field. The network is foundational to all design, development, implementation, support, and revenue production for the Company and all its' businesses.
What's in it for you
What you will do
- Leading the Ecolab transition to a modern cloud voice solution
- Interface with other architects to ensure alignment on Voice & Network solution direction
- Research, analyze, design, document, propose, and deliver Voice & Network architecture solutions that are appropriate for the business and keep the organization current
- Assist in global deployment planning, CAR (capital appropriation request) creation, and initial execution of implementation
- Transition required architectural designs, configurations, and key documentation for deployment and support into Global Delivery & Operations teams.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for the enterprise
- Provide Tier 4 technical support to Global Network team
- Weigh in on other network technologies related to routing/switching, network Security, Cloud, and Wireless
- Work with senior leadership and IT partners to build and develop tactical plans comprised of short- and long-term strategies, as well as fiscal requirements
- Design, develop, and document IT architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards
- Develop specifications for new products/services, assessing their compatibility and integration within our organization, ensuring an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Ensure that standard architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy
- Maintainrack the technological lifecycle for key technologies, guaranteeing a supported and maintained environment.
- Responsible for working with clients and other teams on system solutions and business requirements.
- Lead or participate in approach, requirements definition, analysis, solution selection, validation and deployment model definition for new network technologies
- Articulate and contribute to business strategy, technical strategy, high-level technical design, detailed technical design, and implementation
- Oversee adherence to standards and best practices related to the global network
- Provides direction and training to other team members as needed
- Work within and across business lines and technology groups to understand and align technical requirements and technology choices
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with corporate and departmental IT Leaders, technical resources, business analysts, and project managers
- Resolve incidents and problems with technology solutions as needed
- Perform validation and redundancy testing after changes
- Document all changes following ITIL practices
- 8+ years of networking and VoIP experience
- 5+ years LAN/WAN/QoS experience as it relates to VoIP messaging, codec G711 and G729, H323 and SIP voice gateways, analog gateways for modems / faxing at the edge
- 5+ years experience with Cisco VOIP technologies including Unified Call Managers, Voice Mail, Remote Gateways, and Jabbers Services-remove s after Jabber
- 5+ years experience in implementation of complex E.164 dial plans
- 3+ years experience in a midsize or large corporation supporting multiple lines of business with global presence
- 2+ years experience with Video systems including centralized bridge systems
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Teams telephony and video
- Experience working with Centralized SIP, SBC's, and hosted VOIP solutions
- Experience working with Global Call Center solutions (i.e. IPCC, EAS, Agent based, Skill based, CTI/IV, UCCE, UCCX, CVP, I3 and SAP BCM)
- Experience supporting applications such as ticketing systems, workforce management, quality management and knowledge management
- Experience using formal project management methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall, Agile, etc)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelor's degree
- CCNA Voice, CCVP, CISSP, CCIE Certification
- Experience with content management solutions (EMC Documentum and Microsoft SharePoint preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio design / documentation application
- Proficient with Microsoft Power Point
- Experience with Polycom CMA, Cisco Expressways, or video bridge solutions / technology
- Understanding of technology lifecycle costs sufficient to estimate TCO impact
- Experience working for a network service provider or consultant
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical and technical skills
- Strong inter-personal skills in collaborating with diverse audiences, negotiating difficult solutions and facilitating conflict resolution
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.