MI Windows and Doors is one of the nation's largest suppliers of vinyl and aluminum windows and patio doors, with plants across the country. We are looking for a Director of Transportation and Logistics! This role will be responsible for directing all activities associated with the transportation and logistics function for MI Windows and Doors including a company-owned fleet as well as third party carriers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement overarching policies regarding dispatching, routing, and tracking organizational transportation vehicles.
- Lead and direct the work of team employees and responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, and termination.
- Ensure that all traffic/transportation activities comply with local, state, and federal DOT regulations.
- Keep abreast of all changes to applicable safety regulations and modify organizational practices as needed.
- Direct efforts to address all transportation issues and customer complaints.
- Establishes policies and works in concert with site supply chain teams to maintain procedures governing warehousing, inventory management, or transportation.
- Assess departmental performance, identify weaknesses or risk, and suggest operational changes to improve efficiency or reduce costs.
- Manage carrier and vendor relationships or work with vendors to resolve quality, service, or invoicing issues.
- Directly oversee the management of all forklift and other power equipment agreements
- Collaborate with other members of the executive management team to align departmental strategy or direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- Establishes transportation and logistics policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Optimize the utilization of company vehicles and determine the most cost-effective use of third-party carriers.
- Manage programs related to company cars, service vehicles and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation/Logistics preferred and at least 15 years of experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to drive strategic direction within transportation and logistics throughout the company
- Strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Strong judgement, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation skills