Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture of capital equipment in the Food processing, Pharmaceutical processing, Industrial process and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing. Our team manufactures and distributes products to our customers worldwide. We are looking to add a motivated individual to our manufacturing team.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Set up and operate several power saws to cut a variety of raw materials into prescribes shapes and angles in accordance with drawings, specifications, and bills of materials.
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Provides optimum cooperation and complete information to Supervisor and other personnel, relative to projects within his/her assigned group, to ensure on-time and accurate job completion.
• Recommends new methods and procedures to improve efficiency as apparent or required.
• Works from bill of materials, sketches, specifications, and instructions from supervisor in setting up cutting machine tools to cut bar stock, tubing, and angle iron.
• Identifies job flow problems and causes and recommends corrective action to ensure timely and efficient production effort.
• Sets up and operates all saw equipment.
• Sets machine stops and/or angle settings, loads material and clamps to secure.
• Uses scales, tapes, calipers, squares, and protractors to establish piece part shapes and dimensions.
• Uses files, grinders, and sanders to complete deburring work.
• Performs maintenance such as: replacing broken or malfunctioning saw blades and keeping coolant levels up.
• Performs tolerance checking and gauging functions to assure adherence to all drawing specifications and quality standards.
• Sets speed and feed to prolong blade life and ensure proper material cutting.
• Detects defective materials, unusual conditions or operating difficulties for reporting and relays information to supervisors.
• Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures as applicable.
• Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a team approach throughout the Department.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Primarily looking for 2nd Shift
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• High school education or equivalent including additional experience in a manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of saw operating experience.
• Demonstrated shop math skills, knows feed and speed settings, and can develop or improvise tooling.
• Accurate judgement in operating saws, sets stops, operates equipment, some decision making involved in selecting proper material.
• Demonstrated ability to operate the saw skillfully and expediently.
• Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power, and cold saws.
• Ability to read blueprints and sketches.
• Demonstrated ability to keep close tolerances consecutively.
• Ability to make adjustments as necessary to assure accuracy to job specifications.
• Ability to relate well to others and gain the respect of co-workers.
• Ability to work independently or with others.
• Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
o 0-20 lbs.- continuously
o 21-50 lbs.- frequently
o 51-100 lbs.- occasionally
o 0-50 lbs.- continuously
o 51-75 lbs.- frequently
o 76-100 lbs.- occasionally
• Bend- 0-33% during a 10 hour shift
• Twist/Turn- 34-66% during a 10 hour shift
• Kneel/Squat- 0-33% during a 10 hour shift
• Sit- Not at all
• Stand/Walk- 67-100 % during a 10 hour shift
• Overhead Reaching- 34-66% during a 10 hour shift
• Ladder/Stair Climb- 34-66% during a 10 hour shift
• Bonus Program
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K with Match
• Profit Sharing Program
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Optional Short-Term Disability
• Employer paid Life Insurance