Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work as part of our team.
What’s in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals.
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks’ vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
Position Summary: The Consumer Lending Loan Processor is responsible for the processing of credit applications in accordance with Credit Union guidelines and providing support as directed by supervision for other departmental needs.
- Recommend and cross-sell credit union products and services to members in accordance with established goals.
- Discuss approvals and declines with members.
- Actively pursue cross sell opportunities to offer and promote the credit union array of products and services.
- Support departmental needs.
- Coordinate will-call members’ needs.
- Answer telephone, credit and information requests and work through difficult member situations in a timely manner.
- Seek continued improvement and development of job/department functions.
- Enthusiastically provide support for credit union mission goals.
- Comply with all federal and state laws, as well as organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including, but not limited to; guidelines related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- May be assigned basic credit authority for approving low risk credit applications.
- Act in Funder capacity as back up, when needed.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1+ year of experience in consumer lending or like position required.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Symitar and APPRO systems preferred. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry in compliance with the requirements of federal law and the SAFE Act. Proficiency in computer programs, i.e., Microsoft Office and ability to use keyboard, ten-key calculator, and other video display terminals required. Must have knowledge of basic mathematics skills. This position must possess the ability to effectively work at fast pace in a changing environment while coordinating a variety of activities simultaneously.
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, strong analytical skills and overall “great-to-work-with” demeanor.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel expected. Any travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Non-exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday: 8:00am to
5:00pm, 8:30am -5:30pm or 9:00am-6:00pm.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed within a cubicle. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Physical Job Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the person in this position to successfully perform the essential functions for the position.
- Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job the person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. The duties in this position may require travel via personal vehicle which may result in long periods of sitting.
- Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, computer keyboard, mouse and other office productivity machinery, such as but not limited to; a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The person in this position is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently communicates via phone and in person. Must be able to talk to/hear members and colleagues.
- Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must occasionally lift/move up to 20 lbs.
- Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally moves to retrieve items from low cabinets for use in daily work activities.