At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a temporary role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Working assigned shifts, the Equipment Operator is required to be available for overtime during the winter season.
Here is how this role will help:
- Develop or participate in the job safety analysis procedures;
- Operate backhoes, front-end loaders and excavators for support of tradesman in excavation and repair of water, sewer, electrical and gas lines;
- Operate high pressure water sewer cleaning equipment;
- Operate pumps for manhole work;
- Operate rubber and paint removal equipment on runways and taxiways;
- Operate forklift for all material handling at Field Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, Airline Services and the Central Storeroom with occasional support for the F.A.A., Air Force and outside contractors;
- Operate skid steer and related equipment for all landscape projects;
- Hoisting and material handling to support tenants
- Operate paving equipment for any in-house paving projects;
- Operate crawler loaders and excavator for landside repairs, drainage projects, building parking lots and opening of emergency roads;
- Operate loader for loading and stockpiling all sand, salt and construction material such as slag, stone and pipe;
- Excavate and install catch basin and storm sewer pipes;
- Operate all snow removal equipment with the exception of trucks with plows for the A.O.A. and landside requirements, including brooms, blowers and loaders with 20’ and 24’ ramp hog blades;
- Operate graders and loaders to clear ice and hard packed snow on runways, taxiways, ramps and roadways;
- Performs equipment preventative maintenance;
- Work safely and abide by all ACAA safety guidelines;
- Maintain good working relations with management and co-workers, representing the ACAA in a professional manner at all times;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required;
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in this role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate short-term vision, department goals and objectives; Collaborate effectively with peers; Able to communicate policy and strategy to team members.
- Strategic Thinking – Able to determine short-term outcomes and give guidance on how to meet goals; Able to direct and deliver plans to achieve efficient, on-time results.
- Team Builder – Able to direct and implement project objectives through “one team” approach; Focused on developing team; direct work of team through leadership and accountability; Makes informed decisions.
- Customer Centricity – Leads team to identify and improve customer experience; Directs and implements improvements that positively impacts most stakeholders.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for this role are:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in the operation of heavy mobile road and off road construction and maintenance equipment.
- Must possess a current, valid Pennsylvania Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL).