FLSA Status: Non-exempt
*Must have experience operating non-automated CMM machines.
Performs in process inspections and product audits of manufactured products and component parts; assures implementation of QA procedures and directives in the manufacturing operations; uses statistical process control data to monitor activities to correct trends. Documents discrepancies; conducts process audits of manufacturing operations.
1. Performs inspections and audits of products being processed the manufacturing areas for compliance to drawings, specifications or other product defining documentation.
2. Participates in the inspection, testing and evaluation of all supplier supplied products and services. Exercises independent judgement to accept or reject product and interpret drawings. Participates in disposition of all purchased materials found to be deficient.
3. Accounts for and contains non-conforming materials in purchased goods and in process goods inventories.
4. Reviews Statistical Process Control Charts on a daily basis to monitor discrepancies and corrective action effectiveness.
5. Develops product audit checklists to effectively define the required audit activities.
6. Performs process audits of manufacturing operations in accordance with an established checklist.
7. Document discrepancies on Quality Review Forms.
8. Communicate and implement Quality Assurance procedures and directives in the manufacturing areas.
9. May travel to other Red Dot operations to implement, audit and train quality procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Competency in the use of measuring devices such as dimensional inspection tools, calipers and alike.
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• 1-3 years of experience in fabrication, assembly or other manufacturing operation.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications and assembly test procedures.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills. Able to use common office computer applications such as Word, Excel and Access.
• Familiar with statistical process control techniques used at Red Dot and must be able to successfully complete the Red Dot Auditor certification course.
• Proven ability in record keeping and file organization.
• Proven leadership qualities.
• Previous experience in Quality Systems and/or Quality Assurance.
1. Good attendance record
2. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and upper management.
3. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
|Employer||Red Dot Corporation|