|Job type||Part Time|
|Salary||$18.93 - $29.33 Hourly|
The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
THIS POSTING IS FOR PT BEACH LIFEGUARDS ONLY
This is skilled life guarding work of more than average difficulty at municipal beaches.
An employee in this class patrols the beach and ocean areas from an assigned lifeguard tower, patrol vehicle or vessel and performs rescue and accident prevention activities at the beach in an open water environment. Beach Lifeguards provide technical direction to lifeguard trainees in an assigned beach area and may be assigned to perform special division activities, such as dispatching, office coordinator, boat operator/deckhand and instructing in lifeguarding techniques. Employees educate and instruct the public on beach, water and other public safety matters.
Work is performed in accordance with City and departmental rules, policies and procedures, and requires knowledge of life safety practices at the beach and in an open water environment, basic life support and public relations principles and practices. Recruitment is based on the possession of swimming skills and the ability to perform water rescues and provide first responder emergency medical care. The employee exercises reasonable initiative and independent judgment in performing work assignments and is exposed to hazardous conditions and potential life-threatening situations when performing rescues. Specific assignments are established by a supervisor to ensure that lifeguards are alert at all times and that assigned tasks are performed according to instructions. Work is performed under the general supervision of a Beach Patrol Lieutenant.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Must have completed a 40-hour minimum lifeguard training program with an organization certified by the United States Lifesaving Association. Six (6) months paid work experience performing open water lifeguard duties is preferred.
2. Possess a currently valid America in Heart Association BLS/C.P.R. card or equivalent at time of appointment.
3. Possess a currently valid Florida Department of Transportation Emergency Medical Responder (formally First Responder) Certification or equivalent or an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification.
4. Be able to successfully pass a performance test, which includes both simulated pool and ocean rescues prior to appointment. This test must be successfully passed every six (6) months after employment.
5. All required certifications and licenses, whether possessed at time of appointment or obtained after appointment, must be kept current and valid while employed in a position in this class
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
THIS POSTING DOES NOT HAVE AN END DATE, AS VACANCIES BECOME AVAILABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED. IF YOU ARE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
|Employer||City of Fort Lauderdale, FL|