Knoxville, Tennessee, United States,
The Global Subscriber Acquisition (GSA) team acts as an internal media team that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s 16 networks (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.) and Discovery’s Direct-to-Consumer Streaming Services, including Discovery+.
This role is a critical position within the Global Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod for the linear networks and DTC. S/he will be responsible for developing media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers who will watch the various Discovery networks on all devices. Responsibilities will include developing paid media campaigns across digital, social, TV print, radio, and OOH with special emphasis on data driven planning, conversion best practices, digital ad technology and post analyses. The Strategist will help support the Manager with all elements related to campaign planning, posts, and execution.
- Work closely with the Media Manager to ensure the day-to-day product needs are met and there is timely communication to all partners.
- Assist with the day-to-day planning needs through the use of the media toolkit to determine budget and media mix, define target audiences, and create plans designed to maximize efficiencies/effectiveness.
- Work to implement infrastructure and technology to properly track, measure and learn across platforms to refine linear conversion.
- Maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist with campaign billing, and gather launch confirmation details.
- Focus on post reporting that uncovers the “why” behind performance in order to garner learnings that are tangible and actionable, with knowledge of tune-in conversion KPIs.
- Work with the Investment part of the acquisition team to ensure all media impressions are optimized and are set to achieve the campaign goal. Partnership will also ensure all media campaigns are executed flawlessly.
- Collaborate with external vendors and agencies to ensure clear communication of deliverables needed.
- Assist with asset delivery to ensure teams (both internally and externally) have all required assets for campaign launch.
- Demonstrated expertise in media strategy, (particularly digital media) and execution
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, and excellent communicator.
- Strong time management skills (able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously), and ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever changing needs of the TV and digital industry.
- Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). ? Experience with direct client relationship responsibilities includes regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, and performance management.
- Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
- Knowledge of acquisition marketing (i.e. App conversion), with a basic foundation of digital and social conversion tactics.
- Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
- Understanding of the linear Television ecosystem is a plus.
- Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team.
- Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever changing needs of the television industry.
- Proficient in Google Workspace, particularly Google Sheets, Google Slides & Gmail ? College degree required.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.