Arrow Senior Living Management wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part in a much larger story of residents' lives. It is our hope that Arrow team members create joy-filled memories with this respected generation. And because there is no greater gift that someone can give than their time, we thank you for your generosity.
1) Ensure the proper administration of medication.
2) Maintain medication carts and proper recordkeeping.
3) Assist residents with care needs, including activities of daily living, providing exceptional and dignified care with first class customer service.
This position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident's needs.
- Work under the direction of the Wellness Director or Care Coordinator to maintain an efficient and regulatory compliant medication program, as well as accurate and current records related to medications.
- Maintain a neat and orderly medication room.
- Audit resident medication records.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping requirements.
- Ensure physician orders are maintained for all medications and check for clarification and accuracy.
- Check regularly for expired medications.
- Set-up for medication passes.
- Dispose of medications when necessary as allowed by regulation and community policy.
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications and ensure medications are being accurately self-administered.
- Assist with medication orders as needed and per community policy and regulation.
- Check medications against medical books and identify resident prior to administration
- Administer medication per physician orders.
- Ensure resident medical needs are met.
- Monitor resident for vital signs, observe for any changes, report to Wellness Director and/or physician, document findings in medical records, and carry out orders as written within scope of certification.
- Promptly respond to emergency call system, telephone and paging systems and provide assistance with resident need or request.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL) as listed on the Individual Service Plan.
- Provides safe transfers, positioning and turning of residents using effective body mechanics.
- Provide assistance with elimination needs of residents by: providing care for the incontinent resident, including the proper use of incontinent briefs; reinforcing bowel and bladder training; assisting residents with toileting, including the use of urinals, commodes and toilet seat extensions.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community, including detailed understanding of each resident's unique interests, hobbies, history and personal preferences in order to provide exemplary service.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping requirements.
- Report any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Wellness Director, or Communications Department where applicable.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Policies and Procedures.
- Intervene in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and report immediately to the Wellness Director.
- Participate in all scheduled team member meetings, and other community-wide team member meetings as requested.
- Participate in ongoing education and in-service training.
- Use effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Respond effectively to resident behavior. Use supportive communication in resident interactions including effective communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Observe and report resident physical and emotional condition changes, using appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Apply non-sterile bandages/dressings and anti-embolism stockings (TED hose).
- Demonstrate good practice of infection control principles by understanding the infectious process and modes of disease transmission, and by using appropriate hand-washing techniques.
- Care for cognitively impaired residents by: using techniques for addressing the unique needs and behaviors of individuals with dementia; communicate effectively; communicate understanding and respond appropriately to behavior; use interventions to reduce the effects of cognitive impairments.
- Demonstrate an understanding and support of Resident Rights by: providing for resident privacy; maintaining resident confidentiality; promoting the resident's right to make personal choices to accommodate their needs; reinforcing behavior consistent with resident dignity; assisting resident to participate in activities.
- Maintain safe environment by: keeping community safe, clean and comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards and understanding methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries; using safe practices when O2 is in use; identifying and following community's disaster plans; able to describe and follow the community's fire procedure, including operation of fire extinguishers and ways to prevent fires; planning for safe use and maintenance of equipment; practicing good infection control procedures.
- Provide basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Support the mental health and social service needs of residents by: observing and reporting mental status and behavior changes; modifying own behavior in response to resident behavior; facilitating resident's expression of needs and providing supportive communication; assisting and instructing residents to be independent in ADL; assisting residents in choosing appropriate social programs and events and helping residents who need or want physical assistance to attend events; in some cases, as directed, attending events outside of the community with residents requiring extra help; using resident's family as a source of resident support.
- Perform and complete assignments with established procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Is appropriately certified per state guidelines and certification is active and in good standing.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses sufficient computer skills to be able to print documents and enter information into resident records.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Mature interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers.
- Must be criminally cleared
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening and annually thereafter.
- Must have dependable transportation be able to work varying hours as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and through written correspondence and navigate visually. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The position requires a wheeled medication cart to be push/pulled through the community. This position also requires employee to be able to retrieve items from storage, including overhead bins or cabinets. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to and over 50 pounds and must be able to assist residents with sitting, standing, and walking, as well as assisting persons after a fall. The job functions are primarily indoors, but employee may be required to work outside for events, transportation, or assisting residents to and from vehicles.
Arrow Senior Living Management, LLC12/28/2021