The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly 100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District’s core values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality, teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are provided.
Finance (Contract and Procurement)
Exempt (Full Time)
Sunday, April 30, 2023 (1st Cutoff Sunday April 9, 2023)
Location: San Carlos CA
The Procurement Administrator II reports to a Procurement Administrator III in Contracts and Procurement and is responsible for preparing and processing Invitations for Bids (IFBs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), and Purchase Orders (PO’s) for the procurement of goods, materials, equipment, professional services, and public works.
Sufficient experience, training and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. In lieu of a degree, work-related experience that demonstrates the skills and experience necessary to perform this role will be accepted. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Three (3) years relevant full-time professional-level experience with procurement and administration of equipment, material, maintenance, public works, and professional or other services-type contracts.
- Experience in public agency purchasing is highly desired.
- One or more of the following Professional procurement certifications is desired:
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB),
- Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO),
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or
- Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM).
- Working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) such as PeopleSoft, SAP, JD Edwards, and Oracle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Manage all phases of the procurement process in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and policies governing public agency purchasing (e.g. California Labor Code, Prevailing Wage, and California Contract Code).
- Review solicitation requirements for reasonableness, recommend contract type, determine appropriate procurement strategy, and method of compensation.
- Develop terms and conditions and solicitation provisions.
- Lead contract negotiations to achieve best overall value for the agency.
- Perform contract administration (e.g., administer contract amendments, prepare in-house memoranda, and correspond with vendors and legal staff).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Authorize award of contracts and approve purchases, contract amendments, and work directives consistent with District policy and procedures.
- Prepare and issue professional service agreement work directives. Negotiate and maintain rate agreements and any adjustments in mark-ups or indirect rates with consultants in coordination with project managers.
- Maintain contract records that includes print and website advertising, leading pre-bid/proposal meetings, lead site walk-throughs, respond to requests for approved equals, address questions and requests for clarification, conduct public bid openings, analyze bids received, determine responsiveness and responsibility of apparent low bidders, check references and perform cost/price analyses.
- Manage and perform contract activities using PeopleSoft.
- Develop contract language by collaborating with subject matter experts from such areas as Risk Management, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Labor Compliance, Project Management, Finance, Capital Grants, and Legal Counsel.
- Research and evaluate sole source procurement requests.
- Provide guidance to Project Managers on all aspects of the procurement solicitation and contracting process. This includes evaluating scope of work, identifying evaluation criteria, and developing timelines.
- Prepare written reports and contract award recommendations.
- Provide guidance and administration on a wide variety of contracts.
- Interface with government, and transit agencies.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
- To apply, please visit the https://www.samtrans.com/jobs . Complete an online employment application by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 30, 2023 (1st cutoff Sunday April 9, 2023) A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308 or email written request to email@example.com .
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The process will include a panel interview and may include written and skills test assessments or supplemental questions. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process.
$1,730 - $2,595 weekly ($89,949 - $134,924 estimated annual)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
For additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit, https://www.samtrans.com/jobs
Holidays: Seven (7) paid holidays, plus up to four (4) floating holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 26 days per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance and more Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified dependents Work Location: Select positions are eligible to work remote up to 50% of the time
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS)
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation