About Our Job
This posting will accept applications through March 31st, 2023. Please apply as soon as possible.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services provides support to one in three Denver residents. We envision a healthy community where people are connected, supported, safe, and well. Our services include food, cash and medical benefits, child support and veteran services, child welfare and adult protection, work opportunities, and more. If you are committed to supporting the health and strength of the community and want to be a part of an engaged workplace, we’d love to work with you!
Eligibility Specialistsare considered subject matter experts in eligibility and public assistance programming. The Denver Human Services (DHS) with Denver Sheriff’s Department (DSD) is seeking an individual demonstrating solid performance within these laws, rules, regulations, computer systems and general practices programs and have the desire to make a difference in our communities in the greatest need, throughout our City.
The Eligibility Specialist will be expected to:
- Be comfortable working in community; exhibit a strong desire to work with vulnerable, at-risk populations and work with inmates to cut back on recidivism
- Process Food, Medical and Cash program (FA/MA/CW/AF) cases and lend their expertise to cases with sanctions, legal permanent residents, and/or undocumented clients
- Provide in person same day service to clients newly applying for benefits and reauthorizing their existingbenefits as needed
- Complete special projects research and resolve coming-due and overdue cases appearing on the Exception Reports, working the Unresolved Flexible Appointment lists, and the RRR Received with Generated Status reports
- Troubleshooting, screening, tracking and resolving help desk tickets (including case merge tickets) in collaboration with lane leadership and our internal help desk staff
Additionally, Eligibility Specialists serving in community sites would be expected to:
- Work with a level of unpredictability from clients in need
- Show tact, compassion and comfort in working with clients in crisis
- Rotate through designated locations, to include but not limited to, the Denver Jails and Outreach Court
- Be comfortable with schedule changes that may occur
- Work with a high level of independence, productivity and quality when processing cases
- Attend de-escalation and mental health first aid trainings
- Attend quarterly group supervision and training refreshers
- Attend training with DSD and DHS
Our ideal candidate will:
- Will have eligibility with cash program knowledge and experience
- Have high levels of productivity and quality in processing eligibility cases
- Understand leadership and embrace change
- Be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Be comfortable troubleshooting cases and navigating throughCBMS
- Possess top-notch problem-solving skills
- Be proficient with system interfaces
- Show a high level of understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy and concern
- Be able to remain calm and composed when dealing with challenging customers/clients
- Develop and maintain working relationships while encouraging cooperation, pride and a commitment to teamwork
- Be sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender and other individual differences in the workforce
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our clients
- Have a proven track-record of success
- Maintain a high standard of personal conduct, practicing honesty in all professional relationships and endeavors.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience determining eligibility for a variety of public assistance programs
- Education & Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CA2666 Eligibility Specialist
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$23.48 - $35.22
Although our full pay range is included above, the budgeted hiring range for this position is $23.48 - $29.35.
Denver Human Services
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.