Minimum Starting Salary: $21.75 per hour - Depending on Qualifications
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Make a difference and improve communities
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Full Range of Benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Longevity Pay
- And More!
Chance to do work you are passionate aboutJob SecurityDesire to give back
The City of Waco is looking for an Equipment Mechanic with a Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License to work with our Fleet department. If you are an experienced heavy equipment or vehicle mechanic or if you have your associate's degree in an automotive technology related field, this position may be for you. Our Equipment Mechanics maintain, repair, adjust, and perform preventative maintenance on a diverse fleet of light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles. This includes specialty vehicles, heavy hydraulic systems, watercraft, police and fire vehicles, roads and ground machinery. If this is the type of work you would enjoy, apply now!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years' work experience in the maintenance and repair of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Associates Degree or higher within Automotive Technology field may be substituted for experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver's License
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Technical certifications from National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- State of Texas vehicle inspector license
- Additional technical training and certifications may be required for some incumbents.
Under basic supervision, performs maintenance, repairs, adjustments, and preventive maintenance on Fleet Services (FS) vehicles, specialty vehicles and equipment and heavy equipment, in accordance with all safety regulations and City procedures.